Sunday, August 16, 2020

COVID Notes

 For the past 6 months I have had the gift of time and the agony of isolation. Here is my studio progress. (Also on FB twitter and Instagram)

Some drawings - to draw courage from COLOR!



This piece remains unfinished. One experiment was to take a bit of the lower part for experiments in color, using blue green ink work as my inspiration

 
A lovely elm butt slice came into my studio.
I had two pieces in mind and designed my cuts to use the wood effectively.
Another preliminary drawing:

 

The result is two very different pieces - still in progress. This one has a base idea that offers two viewing configurations. (The log base shown here is too cumbersome for this work... more to be decided.)

 

This is the base I am currently designing:

A Boat for the Immortals (in progress):

OK, Some finished pieces:










Thanks for looking. More to come always.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Andy! Beautiful, inspired work!..
    I am especially partial (how did you know?!) to your take on the blue-green landscapes of Ancient China -- they are truly a remarkable source!
    Where's your studio -- would be great to get together again soon! Lovingly >>PHILIP<<

    ReplyDelete