Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sculpture Scoop

Boston Sculptors Gallery presents Sculpture Scoop, a sale of sculpture, drawings and jewelry by all 36 gallery members. Scoop-up amazing artwork for under $500! Join us for the Opening Reception: November 8, 6-8 pm!

This is a unique opportunity to own art created by some of the Boston areaŹ¼s premier sculptors. Find a gift for the art lover in your life or begin your own sculpture collection.

Small Works. Big Deals

NEW COMMISSION! 93 Forest Hills in Jamaica Plain, MA.

A SMALL REVELATION
by Andy Moerlein

This urban sized piece is the first outdoor piece in a private collection in this Boston suburb. I am thrilled.









If you missed the Panel Discussion on International Art Residencies and Symposia
hosted by Donna Dodson and Andy Moerlein at the Derryfield School with support from swissnex Boston, here is a great write up and a video!

Latest Honor - Summer plans!!!

I was awarded two prizes for my sculpture WAVE that has been at the Fruitlands Museum in Harvard MA for the past 6 months. Part of my FIRST PLACE JURORS AWARD, I have been invited back as the Artist In Residence for 2012. I will build several large installations and teach workshops over their April - November exhibit season. I have also agreed to build a large permanent steel and cement sculpture to grace their museum's lawn. Please be sure to schedule a creative adventure to the Museum during my many days of creative enterprise. The stunning New England vistas and rich variety of activities that the museum sponsors make this a fitting site for my work and energies. I am SO EXCITED!

SAVE THE DATES! I have two huge shows on the immediate horizon:

I am exhibiting AVIAN LANGUAGE at Boston Sculptors Gallery January 4 - February 5. This show will be a conglomeration of mostly small scale indoor sculptures that have a bird presence. This solo show is running concurrently with FLOCK TOGETHER a stunning series of new carvings on a bird theme by Donna Dodson. The interaction between our works, and the contrasts inherent in our divergent personalities promises to make this an exciting pair of simultaneous exhibits.

In February 7 - March 3 I have AVIAN INSTINCT at Plymouth State University's Karl Drerup Art Gallery. This event will present a new body of work that is very much installation in nature. It will incorporate video and soundscapes in a generous gallery show. This is a long drive in the depths of winter, but WELL WORTH THE TRIP. Here is a video teaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment